The Top Ten Reasons Why Women Love Shoes so Much "Why do you need so many shoes?," my husband asks me, as he shakes his head and stares at my closet in disbelief. I start to answer him and I realize that it's one of those age old questions that men have been asking women for years. It's up there with "What's inside the women's bathroom?," and "Why do women always want to know what men are thinking?" It's not just my husband, millions of men want to know, "Why do we women need so many shoes? "
The truth is women are in love with shoes. Let me give you the top ten reasons why.
1. Variety - We women simply cannot wear the same shoe every day. We need change. Plus, our shoes need to match our outfits and our outfits need to match our activities and lifestyle. After all, you can't wear open toe sandals if you are going hiking in the canyons now can you? Plus, variety is the spice of life.
2. Style - We want to look good. No, we want to look hot. No, we want to look comfortable. See what I mean? Th bottom line is that we need different styles for different looks.
3. A Good Deal - Women are born shoppers. It is a true talent and no true shopper can turn down a good deal on a pair of shoes. That is why discount shoe stores like DSW or Shoe Pavillion are so popular. No shoe shopper work her salt can resist a pair of Manolo Blahniks marked half-off.
4. Comfort (AKA High Heels vs. Falts) - High heel shoes look great, but let's face it, they can really hurt the tootsies! Most women I know alternate between high heels and flats. You know what that means.. more shoes!
5. Durability - Well made shoes can last a lifetime. This is especially true if you do not wear them every day. As a result of this your shoes build up in your closet. Kinda like plaque on your teeth.
6. Trendy - Unlike that hot pink leather skirt you partied like it's 1999 in, the shoes that you may have worn with it are still in fashion. In fact, Flashdance plastic jelly shoes have made a huge comeback. What a feeling!
7. Stability - As the years come and go, women's clothing size may fluctuate. One year you may be a size 4 and then after a few years of stuffing krispy kreme donuts down your face, you may suddenly be a size 14. But guess what? Your shoe size will stay the same. Chances are if a woman is a size 8 shoe, she will stay a size 8. How great is that?!
8. Options - "Should I wear my 5 inch Marc Jacobs heels today, or my 2 inch Gucci loafers?" It's a woman's fundamental right to be able to make a choice on her own footwear. In order to make those choices, women need (you guessed it) many different shoes.
9. Collections - Some men collect playboy magazines. We women collect shoes. Enough said.
10. Friendship - If diamonds are a girl's best friend than shoes are a woman's best friend. Shoes will always be there for her. They will never shun her or treat her wrong. They will never try to steal her boyfriend or call her fat. They will never let her down. The bottom line is a women needs as many of these friends as she can get.
So there you have it. Now please don't get me started on purses...
Shopping guide to where to buy Italian charm bracelets on the Internet and at jewelry stores, different styles and designs, and how to choose.
The charm has been around in varying formats for centuries. Whether carried in the pocket, around the neck or on the wrist, the charm makes for a definite statement. Making that statement has numerous possibilities and the Italian charm is just one of the latest ways to let people know what you believe, who you are, and what you are passionate about.
THE LOOK AND FEEL OF AN ITALIAN CHARM
Italian charms will come in all kinds of "looks" and that is what makes them so great to collect. You can change them up according to whatever mood you are in by building your own Italian charm bracelet. An interchangeable charm bracelet allows for a new look to be added to your wardrobe by the minute. Italian charms are not the typical dangling, shapely charm of the past. No, Italian charms are anything but dangly or shapely, they are flat and create a flat link that can pop on and off a stretchy bracelet of your choosing. Do you see the possibilities here?
Yes they are the latest trend and you will see young and old alike sporting their own personal creations. How could they not be popular with the endless choices available? Adding charms is as easy as locating one to pop on your bracelet. Building them to make a personal statement about your family, your hobbies, your pet(s), your favorite sport, holiday destination, art or music is as quick as locating the charms on the web or in your local jewelry store, or in your jewelry box and popping it right on your bracelet. Italian charm bracelets are just plain fun.
WHERE TO START?
Look for quality when shopping for your charms. Don't be fooled by the cheaper quality charm made to look like the Italian charms. Italian charms are made with high quality, hypoallergenic stainless steel bases. The charms themselves are usually 18k gold and are soldered to the link base. Cheaper quality charms might not have the stainless steel in the base and are definitely made with gold plate and not 18k gold.
Sizing is as easy as small, medium, or large. A small sized Italian bracelet will have 17 charm links. A medium will have 18 charm links per bracelet and a large sized bracelet will have 19 links. Of course you can size them anyway you see fit making them smaller than 17 charms and larger than 19 charms. Most women will have wrist sizes that fall into the small, medium, or large category.
Choosing a brand may seem like a concern. Fear not, the major Italian charm makers all use a standard size to create their charms, which makes them interchangeable with any bracelet. The cheaper charms may not interchange well so beware if you get caught up in their particular brands. They may not work on your Italian bracelets but who would want a cheaper quality product to begin with, right?
BUILDING A CHARM WARDROBE
Pricing that charm bracelet is as easy as pricing individual charms. An Italian made charm will start its pricing at around $15 and top out at about $50. Enamel charms will price at around $18 and stones at about $22 each. Most jewelers offer specials on a starter bracelet if you buy multiple charms at one time.
Need some ideas on what Italian charms to purchase first? The top sellers start with hearts, mom, and the American flag. If that does not work for you or the person the gift bracelet is for then move on to the other possibilities. Explore a hobby, a favorite historical era, or even a favorite stone and you are on your way to creating your first Italian charm bracelet masterpiece. A meaningful message or keepsake is another flexible choice for this bracelet. If you are going to give this bracelet as a gift check and see what the receiver already has. You may be able to top off an existing bracelet with a pricey charm that the owner may have never considered.
Self-expression and diversity is what fashion is all about and Italian charm bracelets fit the bill.
We search top stores daily so you don't have to.
For personal non-commercial use only; please check stores for current prices and exact amounts. Product specifications are obtained from merchants or third parties. Although we make every effort to present accurate information, Okto is not responsible for inaccuracies. Store ratings and product reviews are submitted by online shoppers; they do not reflect our opinions and we have no responsibility for their content.
As remuneration for time and research involved to provide quality links, we generally use affiliate links when we can. Whenever we link to something not our own, you should assume they are affiliate links or that we benefit in some way.
OKto.com - 4283 Express Lane, SUITE 003-239, Sarasota, FL 34238, p: (941) 538-6941, f: 8154253395, e: support [at] okto.com